26 October, 2008

Episode 3 - Almost Finished!

Listen to the Episode

In which I read to you from
Wanted ~ A Chaperon by Paul Leicester Ford
pages 57 - 76
















Topics

- Murder of Paul Leicester Ford (pdf) or read the abstract

- Somafm - commercial-free, free internet radio

- Poems of Color, Bohus Knitting, Poems of Color reprint

- My first sweater, finished!

- Knitting From the Top by Barbara G. Walker

- Sweater Design in Plain English

- Online Raglan Tutorial - I highly recommend this tutorial, it helped me immensely!

- Vesper Sock Yarn on Knitterly Things

- My Halloween Socks!

- Vesper yarn destash here

- Amelia Peabody, narrated by Barbara Rosenblat

- Sewn Bind Off

* One thing I didn't mention about the sewn bind off is that all the directions I've read direct you to use 2x the circumference of the sock. I have found this is not enough, and always use at least 5x the circumference of the sock to bind off. This ensures a nice loose, open hole, which is the whole point of the bind off.

The Farmer's Market

1 comment:

Hilary said...

Love it!!

I've been obsessed with Bohus sweaters for awhile...most of my ancestors were from Sweden, so I feel like I owe it to them to make at least one. I actually got the Forest Darkness - Black kit for Christmas last year and am thinking about casting on when I'm done with my current project. You should make one, too!

Oh, and I just asked my Swedish colleague about the pronunciation of Bohus....it's something like "BOH-hoos" (emphasis on first syllable). He also gave me the full etymology and history of the word, which I will gladly pass on if you are interested. :)