25 February, 2009

Helping Others - Public Service Announcement

Hey, knitting peeps of the world - you've probably seen it by now, but if you haven't, you've got 4 days, including today, to get your butt over to Serendipity and check out the backlog of fabulous knitterly prizes donated, not to mention over $19,000 AU in support of the Victorian brush fires. (Need I say more than Sundara, Wollmeise, Amy Butler, Lantern Moon, Artyarns, and Swift to pique your interest?)

I just made a donation, and with the exchange rate, it clocked in at a wimpy $6.41 USD. I definitely felt I could afford that to help out others in need. I, who have lots of yarn, an apartment that is quite intact, and all the food and clothes I could want. (On the other hand, I don't exactly have a job, and haven't gotten paid in a while, so I am watching my dollars. Hence I did not donate more.)

I hope you'll consider making a donation, the raffle ends at 11.59 pm March 1st Melbourne time. I hope you'll consider it, because it would suck to lose everything in a fire. And there are some awesome prizes to be had too.

No comments: