22 January, 2009

Episode 8 - I'm Blaming it on Mercury

In which we continue The Arabian Nights Entertainments by Andrew Lang

Stories include: The Vizir Who Was Punished & The Young King of the Black Isles

























Listen to the Episode


Topics Include:

Mercury was retrograde! I blame everything that didn't seem to go right on it.

Sock Pixie, the conclusion - buy at your own risk, or don't do it during Mercury Retrograde

Julie Spins & Capistrano Fiber Arts- fab customer service - Capistrano F.A. has BEEyouteeful fiber

Malabrigo sock yarn - a review - quite worth it and very beautiful

Wool v. acrylic - I propose that wool is better for baby items, as it will not burst into flames should your house catch fire.

update on my Jitterbug socks - still love!

Spinning wool for my own socks! yay!

My latest plain socks - but they're stripy!

Spindling and sampling - you should try it!

A penannular shawl pin from Designs by Romi - a whole Google page full too!

(this picture by Designs by Romi) This is the one I got! I am very happy with it.












There is still time to enter the contest for either yarn or fiber! Leave a comment listing your resolutions for 2009, knitting, spinning, or otherwise! See this post for pictures. Please leave a comment by January 31 2009 11.59pm to be entered- thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

drMolly, the BeanQueen said...

I enjoyed so much this last podcast. The astrology references were funny - me being a scientist I don't go for it, but it makes a good excuse anyway.
For your contest: I am beginning to learn to spin on a hand spindle - I learned on a wheel many, many years ago & still have the wheel, but as my life turned I have been away for many years. I now knit much, & decided I need to get back to spinning. I have done my first yarn on the spindle - see this link from Ravelry:

http://www.ravelry.com/people/drMolly/stash/the-first-hand-spindling-

I love socks, too.
drMolly

Desi said...

Hey, there. Listened to your 'cast today. I wouldn't call it a New Year's Resolution, but I have certainly resolved to be fearless with my knitting. In the past I've avoided knitting challenges which is why I haven't made a sweater yet, although I've got plenty of socks and garter stitch scarves. But why shouldn't I try new techniques, like entrelac and colorwork? No good reason I can think of! Fearless, that's me!